I love me some chicken caesar pitas. When I was in college, Pita Pit was one of my favorite go-tos to grab one. Unfortunately Huntsville does not have a Pita Pit (hint hint corporate Pita Pita!), so we make our own version which we think are pretty good until one comes. Check out how we make our Copycat Pita Pit Chicken Caesar Pitas!
Copycat Pita Pit Chicken Caesar Pita Ingredients:
- Pitas or flatbread (we like flatbread)
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- Chopped lettuce
- Caesar dressing
- Cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Shredded cheese (Parmesan, cheddar, mozzarella…your choice!)
- Chopped red onions (optional)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to desired taste)
Copycat Pita Pita Chicken Caesar Pitas Directions:
- Marinate your chicken breasts in the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and Italian dressing from a minimum of an hour to overnight. (Salt and pepper beforehand if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a pan for a few minutes on medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side to brown.
- Place chicken in preheated oven for 12 minutes (make sure you can put your pan in this hot of an oven. During the last three minutes of cooking, place your pitas/flatbread in the oven to warm up.
- While cooking, gather your toppings and cook and crumble your bacon if you’ve not already done so.
- Cut chicken into pieces once done cooking.
- Now make your pitas! Like I said, we prefer flatbread only because we have trouble finding really fresh pitas. Less than fresh pitas = crumbly mess.
Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to:
Celebrate and Decorate | DIY Show Off | The Crowned Goat | Life on Lakeshore Drive | 36th Avenue | The Crafty Blog Stalker | Posed Perfection | Bless’er House | A Delightsome Life | The Kim Six Fix | Must Love Home | Tatertots and Jello